Thursday, March 26, 2009
I have had many email inquiries about Reiki. I have been contacted by Detroit area Catholics dismayed that it was being promoted at local Catholic hospitals. Somebody just furnished me with this official statement from the U.S. Conference of Bishops. It is excellent and although written to Catholics, it is sound theology for all facing this issue. The Book of Daniel said of the last ungodly figure who would come on the scene in world history: HE SHALL HONOR IN HIS ESTATE, THE GOD OF FORCES, A GOD WHOM HIS FATHERS KNEW NOT. As you can se from this context, Reiki is very much part of a worship of a "God of Forces."
Bishops Take Theological Stand Against 'Reiki' at Convents and Retreats, Citing 'Danger of Malevolent Forces'
GUIDELINES FOR EVALUATING REIKI AS AN ALTERNATIVE THERAPY
Committee on Doctrine
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
1. From time to time questions have been raised about various alternative therapies that are often available in the United States. Bishops are sometimes asked, "What is the Church's position on such therapies?" The USCCB Committee on Doctrine has prepared this resource in order to assist bishops in their responses.
I. HEALING BY DIVINE GRACE AND HEALING BY NATURAL POWERS
2. The Church recognizes two kinds of healing: healing by divine grace and healing that utilizes the powers of nature. As for the first, we can point to the ministry of Christ, who performed many physical healings and who commissioned his disciples to carry on that work. In fidelity to this commission, from the time of the Apostles the Church has interceded on behalf of the sick through the invocation of the name of the Lord Jesus, asking for healing through the power of the Holy Spirit, whether in the form of the sacramental laying on of hands and anointing with oil or of simple prayers for healing, which often include an appeal to the saints for their aid. As for the second, the Church has never considered a plea for divine healing, which comes as a gift from God, to exclude recourse to natural means of healing through the practice of medicine.1 Alongside her sacrament of healing and various prayers for healing, the Church has a long history of caring for the sick through the use of natural means. The most obvious sign of this is the great number of Catholic hospitals that are found throughout our country.
3. The two kinds of healing are not mutually exclusive. Because it is possible to be healed by divine power does not mean that we should not use natural means at our disposal. It is not our decision whether or not God will heal someone by supernatural means. As the Catechism of the Catholic Church points out, the Holy Spirit sometimes gives to certain human beings "a special charism of healing so as to make manifest the power of the grace of the risen Lord."2 This power of healing is not at human disposal, however, for "even the most intense prayers do not always obtain the healing of all illnesses."3 Recourse to natural means of healing therefore remains entirely appropriate, as these are at human disposal. In fact, Christian charity demands that we not neglect natural means of healing people who are ill.
II. REIKI AND HEALING
A) The Origins and Basic Characteristics of Reiki
4. Reiki is a technique of healing that was invented in Japan in the late 1800s by Mikao Usui, who was studying Buddhist texts.4 According to Reiki teaching, illness is caused by some kind of disruption or imbalance in one's "life energy." A Reiki practitioner effects healing by placing his or her hands in certain positions on the patient's body in order to facilitate the flow of Reiki, the "universal life energy," from the Reiki practitioner to the patient. There are numerous designated hand positions for addressing different problems. Reiki proponents assert that the practitioner is not the source of the healing energy, but merely a channel for it.5 To become a Reiki practitioner, one must receive an "initiation" or "attunement" from a Reiki Master. This<>They are mistaken. The radical difference can be immediately seen in the fact that for the Reiki practitioner the healing power is at human disposal. Some teachers want to avoid this implication and argue that it is not the Reiki practitioner personally who effects the healing,but the Reiki energy directed by the divine consciousness. Nevertheless, the fact remains that for Christians the access to divine healing is by prayer to Christ as Lord and Savior, while the essence of Reiki is not a prayer but a technique that is passed down from the "Reiki Master" to the pupil, a technique that once mastered will reliably produce the anticipated results.7 Some practitioners attempt to Christianize Reiki by adding a prayer to Christ, but this does not affect the essential nature of Reiki. For these reasons, Reiki and other similar therapeutic techniques cannot be identified with what Christians call healing by divine grace.
9. The difference between what Christians recognize as healing by divine grace and Reiki therapy is also evident in the basic terms used by Reiki proponents to describe what happens in Reiki therapy, particularly that of "universal life energy." Neither the Scriptures nor the Christian tradition as a whole speak of the natural world as based on "universal life energy" that is subject to manipulation by the natural human power of thought and will. In fact, this world viewhas its origins in eastern religions and has a certain monist and pantheistic character, in that distinctions among self, world, and God tend to fall away.8 We have already seen that Reiki practitioners are unable to differentiate clearly between divine healing power and power that is at human disposal.
10. Reiki therapy finds no support either in the findings of natural science or in Christian belief. For a Catholic to believe in Reiki therapy [OR ANY CHRISTIAN FOR THAT MATTER cec] presents insoluble problems. In terms of caring for one's physical health or the physical health of others, to employ a technique that has no scientific support (or even plausibility) is generally not prudent.
11. In terms of caring for one's spiritual health, there are important dangers. To use Reiki one would have to accept at least in an implicit way central elements of the worldview that undergirds Reiki theory, elements that belong neither to Christian faith nor to natural science.
Without justification either from Christian faith or natural science, however, a Catholic [OR ANY CHRISTIAN, cec] who puts his or her trust in Reiki would be operating in the realm of superstition, the no-man's-land that is neither faith nor science.9 Superstition corrupts one's worship of God by turning one's religious feeling and practice in a false direction.10 While sometimes people fall into superstition through ignorance, it is the responsibility of all who teach in the name of the Church to eliminate such ignorance as much as possible.
12. Since Reiki therapy is not compatible with either Christian teaching or scientific evidence, it would be inappropriate for Catholic institutions, such as Catholic health care facilities and retreat centers, or persons representing the Church, such as Catholic chaplains, to promote or to provide support for Reiki therapy.
Most Rev. William E. Lori (Chairman) Most Rev. John C. NienstedtBishop of Bridgeport Archbishop of St. Paul and MinneapolisMost Rev. Leonard P. Blair Most Rev. Arthur J. Serratelli, Bishop of Toledo Bishop of PatersonMost Rev. José H. Gomez Most Rev. Allen H. VigneronArchbishop of San Antonio Bishop of OaklandMost Rev. Robert J. McManus Most Rev. Donald W. Wuerl Bishop of Worcester Archbishop of Washington [Now Pittsburgh, PA]
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Saturday, March 21, 2009
THIS JUST IN FROM MY GOOGLE JAVIER SOLANA ALERTS:
"The foreign policy chief of the EU Javier Solana announced in Brussels on Monday that the EU would sever ties with Israel if it will not be committed to establishing a Palestinian state. "
And with that, this recent USA news:
Thursday, March 19, 2009 Israel Today Staff
Obama about to betray Israel, says former intel official
A former top US intelligence official warns that the Obama Administration is about to break America's long ties of friendship with Israel, and maybe even take steps toward the dissolution of the Jewish state. Speaking on condition of anonymity to Douglas Hagmann of the Northeast Intelligence Network, the source said: "I have every reason to believe, based on what I’ve seen at my level of [security] clearance especially over the last several years, that Israel will soon be completely on their own… or worse." He went on to note that the betrayal likely won't happen in one
dramatic moment, but rather subtly, behind the scenes, and over the course of several years. The Obama Administration is preparing to "provide more support to Arab countries [with] financial and military aid, undercutting Israel’s defense efforts all while pushing Israel to succumb to the pressure of unreasonable demands designed to end with their political annihilation as a nation," said the source. Israeli officials have of late noted a marked increase in the pressure from Washington to more rapidly acquiesce to Arab land-for-peace demands, and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has clarified that Washington is none to pleased with incoming Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's refusal to commit to the creation of a sovereign Palestinian Arab state with Jerusalem as its capital.
1. The original treaty was the Treaty of Association signed between the European Union and Israel on November 20, 1995?
2. The man who signed that treaty was the same man handed a job created with Section 666 of the Europa codified documents?
3. The 10 Nation member WESTERN EUROPEAN UNION were to have have handed that same man control over that organization on November 20, 1999?
4. That same man now controlling the Western European Union, a ten nation federation, obviously "partly strong, partly weak" were to introduce a bill into his Assembly that it, the 10 nation Permanent member federation, named "Recommendation 666" which, inter alia, proposed giving that man the power to convene the Council of the European Union (the controlling body) "in the event of an emergency"?
5. That same man were to be given sole powers and discretion to shut or open the European Space Agency?
6. That same man had founded and convened the "Barcelona Process" of 27 nations, 12 from North Africa and the Middle East; 15 from Europe?
7. That same man had been handed unprecedented NATO powers on January 30, 1999.
8. That same man had been on the USA's subversive list for many years?
9. That same man was to have been made the new head of NATO only 6 months after sending Spanish warships against Canada and only a few days after threatening the USA over Yugoslavian issues?
10. That same man were to be overseeing a program to train all judges, policemen, court administrators for the nation of Iraq, "EUJUSTLEX"?
11. That same man had been heard saying that he was working on "a permanent peace solution for Israel and the Middle East."
12. That same man were to be presiding over a program, European Neighbourhood Policy," that was to begin on January 1, 2007 and last until December 31, 2013, with a midterm review scheduled for mid 2010?
13. What if that ENP Program was a 7 year clarified and reconfirmed treaty?
All of these "what ifs" are very real events that obviously require closer attention.
Shouldn't anybody having those and many, many more powers have more public press and scrutiny than they now get? Why are so Americans, so many Christians, even so many Europeans unaware of his very name?
Good question. I'd watch Solana's threatened Israeli developments if I were you! I wouldn't go back to sleep just because the EU threatens to boycott Durban II because of "anti-Semitism."
Stay tuned -- things are happening so very fast! If you haven't been able to find my two books, free internet versions for pdf downloading are available by clicking here. If you need an Adobe ® PDF file reader an Adobe reader to open the files, here's a link for that as well.
I again conclude by quoting now deceased Orthodox Russian priest, Fr. Seraphim Rose, “It is later than you think. Hasten now to do the work of the Lord.”
Thursday, March 19, 2009
JUDGE JUDY CLAIMS IT IS TIME FOR 'OLD GUARD' TO DIE OFF
Television’s ‘Judge Judy’: "The Old Guard has to Die off"
Monday, March 16, 2009
Judge Judy was very unhappy about something happening in the great state of California. The something she was unhappy about was voter ratification of a constitutional amendment barring "gay marriage." "What with AIG, bank failures, and our other problems, why are we unhappy about two responsible people who love each other and get married, sometimes to start a family, sometimes not?", she opined. When Larry King told her the religious people felt strongly against same-sex marriage, her ire increased. "The religious people can feel any way they like," she said. "They have no right to impose their feelings on the rest of us." She then tried to draw parallels between interracial marriage and same sex marriage.
According to the biblical record, Moses took an Ethiopian wife and when sister Miriam complained, she was stricken with leprosy for her criticism and had to spend a week outside the camp as punishment. The same scriptures that record this also condemned a man lying with a man as with a woman. Clearly same sex marriage is proscribed. Bi-racial marriage was not. The Scriptures clearly said, "all men are one blood." You can read the Moses account for yourself in Numbers, Chapter 12 of the Old Testament. Clearly, Judge Judy drew a bad analogy. I hope she researches case law, local ordinances, and statutory law better than that in her real – non-television – judicial work.
Judge Judy went on to say that the numbers opposed (while still the majority) to "gay marriage" were dwindling. She then made the most inflammatory statement of all: THE OLD GUARD (opposed Christians and others) had to DIE OFF. Her words, "the old guard has to die" were indicative of the prophesied anger which will culminate in the fifth seal of the book of Revelation: the bodies under the heavenly altar crying out, "how long, Lord, how long." They were given white robes and told to rest for awhile until their fellow servants should be killed as they had been killed.
We are now in an era far more wild than the old movies we once watched about end time events including the Left Behind one. Karen Armstrong opined Friday night on a Bill Moyers' PBS interview that the three monotheistic world religions were guilty of idolatry for "casting God in their own image." Turning the scriptural definition of idolatry: "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" on its very head, she redefined idolatry as belief in "One God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth." Only the monotheistic religions were guilty of this -- said the ex-nun who evidently left her long discarded habit far behind.
Attacks on Christianity and traditional values of monotheist religions have become a virtual "thrill a day," sometimes now coming several times in a day. Karen Armstrong was Friday night. Ellen DeGeneres brought her "wife" Portia on her program this morning and showed provocative seductive footage of Portia enticing heavily breathing males. The undiscerning studio audience cheered raucously. Tonight Judge Judy publicly sneered at Christians with traditional moral values.
Jesus warned us that as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the day of the coming of the Son of Man. He also drew parallels to Sodom and Gomorrah. Even in my former wildest dreams cum nightmares did I dream it would be fulfilled quite as literally as it seems to be happening.
Years ago, Fr.Seraphim Rose, a Russian Orthodox priest who saw all of this coming wrote that "Satan was now entering naked into human history."
Yes, he obviously has. The Revelation seals may well have opened. The day is fast approaching when God will say, "let he who is righteous be righteous still, let he who is filthy be filthy still."
I urge you to hurry to line up on the right side of that "digital divide." I am the Lord, I change not, was God's immutable word to us throughout human history. "The times are changing and we MUST change with them was Judge Judy's message tonight on Larry King Live. I choose to go on God's word rather than that of Judge Judy of whom it was said has 10 million viewers.
Tough times are coming -- tough times are here. It's no time to give up on God and weaken. These things prove the truth of God's word. Hang in there!
Where do I stand on ‘gay marriage.’ I will say here what I always say with a wry smile: “Sorry guys. It was ‘Adam and Eve.’ It was NOT “Adam and Steve,” nor was it “Madame and Eve.”
For the record, I am now fighting fire with fire. If you have been unable to locate my books, THE HIDDEN DANGERS OF THE RAINBOW and A PLANNED DECEPTION I am making them available for on-line viewing, reading, and downloading by going to my blogspot and clicking on the "Presentations for downloading link" or more directly by clicking here. Press the down arrow on the small black button to the right for download access. You will need an Adobe ® PDF file reader or equivalent to open the file.
I conclude by quoting Fr. Seraphim Rose, “It is later than you think. Hasten now to do the work of the Lord.”
Constance E. Cumbey
Monday, March 16, 2009
"The European Union says its relations with Israel will depend on the Jewish state's commitment to a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. . . ."
"The three monotheisms – Judaism, Christianity and Islam – have a besetting tendency: that is idolatry, taking a human idea of God, a human doctrine, and making it absolute, putting it in the place of God. "
EU threatens boycott of 'Durban II'Mar. 16, 2009Associated Press, THE JERUSALEM POST
The European Union [i.e., Javier Solana, head of its CFSP] said Monday it could boycott a UN conference on racism next month unless Muslim nations end attempts to strongly criticize Israel in the meeting's final document. Czech Foreign Minister Karel Schwarzenberg, whose country holds the EU presidency, said EU nations were "very skeptical" over the direction of negotiations on a declaration being drafted for the so-called Durban II conference. He adds the 27-nation bloc will attempt to push for changes but "there is a strong call to withdraw" if they are not successful. Italy's Foreign Minister Franco Frattini said his country would not attend the April 20-25 meeting in Geneva unless "radical changes" were made to the draft text, which includes what he has called "aggressive and anti-Semitic statements." United States, Canada and Israel have also said they fear the UN talks will be marred by attempts to attack Israel and shield Islamic countries from criticism over their records. Washington has imposed conditions similar to EU nations' and Israel and Canada have already announced they will boycott. German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier warned the Geneva meeting "might be abused to produce one-sided statements" about the Middle East peace process and European and American policy in the Muslim and Arab world. "I am in favor of canceling participation in the conference, unless the documents are changed substantially within the next hours and days," said Steinmeier. Dutch Foreign Minister Maxime Verhagen said a draft backed by the 57-member Organization of the Islamic Conference "limits itself to Israel-bashing, anti-Semitism, limiting freedom of speech and other dubious texts." The Islamic group of countries, many angry over cartoons and films attacking Muslims, has been campaigning for wording that would equate criticism of a religious faith with a violation of human rights. They were also pushing to equate Zionism with racism and banning the possibility of anyone to change his or her religion, Verhagen said. The Geneva talks are meant to review progress in fighting racism since the previous summit in South Africa. That meeting was marred by harsh criticism of Israel and anti-Israel demonstrations at a parallel conference of non-governmental organizations."
Well, Karen Armstrong, who has certainly long since shaken free of any and all vows she made as a nun that "We believe in One God, the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth" has certainly turned the definition of idolatry on its head! The "New World Religion" she is certainly working to "emerge" is a very strange one indeed. It appears that in Karen Armstrong and the Alliance of Civilization's New Religious Order, one indeed is allowed to have a 'religion.' One, however, is not allowed to believe it true. One must, in Karen Armstrong's newest universe say "blessed by THY God, rather than 'blessed by MY God." She calls this com-passion"? I call what she proposes nothing less than 'religious rape' of souls. While people must remember that a central monotheist religious concept is "thou shalt not kill," they must also not forget, "thou shalt have no other gods before me." As Karen Armstrong utterly rejects and despises Book of Revelation warnings, obviously she is unmoved by the Scriptural warnings of a time she obviously seeks to advance: FEAR GOD AND GIVE GLORY TO HIM FOR THE HOUR OF HIS JUDGMENT IS COME -- WORSHIP GOD WHO CREATED THE HEAVEN, THE EARTH, THE SEAS AND THE FOUNTAINS OF WATERS." Karen Armstrong would have us worship everything and everybody but our Creator -- and dare to call us uncompassionate if we exercise our conscience in this regard. May God have mercy on her poor apostate soul!
CONSTANCE E. CUMBEY
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Does Global Financial Crisis=New International Economic Order Opportunity?
A closer and deeper strategic partnership with the USA
External relations - 25-02-2009 - 09:55"A new transatlantic partnership is needed to strengthen ties between the EU and America now that Barack Obama has taken office, says the EP Foreign Affairs Committee. MEPs are calling for a new institutional architecture including a political council and a joint parliamentary committee."The "new transatlantic agenda" dating from 1995 should be replaced by a new transatlantic partnership agreement based on a new institutional architecture, argues the report by Francisco José Millán Mon (EPP-ED, ES) adopted by the committee on Tuesday. The EU-US relationship is described in the report as "the most important strategic partnership" for the EU.MEPs propose the creation of a Transatlantic Political Council as "a body for systematic high-level consultation and coordination in respect of foreign and security policy". It would be chaired by the High Representative/Vice-President of the Commission on the EU side and by the Secretary of State on the US side, and would meet at least every three months.A unified transatlantic market: meet the target date of 2015The full potential of the Transatlantic Economic Council (TEC) should be used o overcome the existing obstacles to economic integration and to achieve a unified transatlantic market by 2015. MEPs ask the European Commission, on the basis of the study authorised and financed by the European Parliament in its 2007 Budget, to draw up a detailed road map of existing obstacles which need to be removed with the aim of achieving that target date.They highlight the role to be played by the TEC in transatlantic macro-economic cooperation and they call for closer coordination between European and American monetary institutions.An EP-US Congress parliamentary committeeA joint parliamentary committee should replace the current Transatlantic Legislators' Dialogue, says the report. It should be compromised of Members of the European Parliament and the US Congress, and should meet twice yearly.The joint parliamentary committee should be able to make proposals to the Economic and Political Councils and to the EU-US summits. Both its co-chairs should be invited to participate in the opening session of meetings of both Councils. The committee should also have the right to conduct hearings with representatives of those Councils.The report also recommends that EU-US summits take place twice a year "to provide the partnership with strategic direction and impetus".CIA secret prisons, global issuesThe U.S. administration is urged to close down any detention centres outside the United States, to put an end to the policy of extraordinary renditions and to ratify and accede to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.MEPs believe the new partnership should also enable the two sides to address, with Russia, the various challenges, threats and opportunities of mutual concern, such as disarmament and nuclear non-proliferation,Lastly, it should permit better coordination of responses on other matters of joint interest such as promoting sustainable peace in the Middle East through the Quartet, the fight against terrorism and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals, notably in Africa.
Procedure: Own-initiative -- Committee vote: 43 for, 1 against, 1 abstention -- Plenary vote: March II (Strasbourg)
Committee on Foreign Affairs
In the chair : Jacek SARYUSZ-WOLSKI (EPP-ED, PL)
Friday, March 06, 2009
More Insights on "Maitreyan" mentality -- Hitler and Stalin not so bad?
"A. Yes, they are one and the same. Hitler is no longer in incarnation;he is in what Christians would call purgatory. How long he will be there I have no idea, but a long time. There is a direct correlation with the evil effect that a person has through working with the forces of involution. The greater the impact of that in the world, the greater will be the karma of that person."There are some people who are not essentially evil, like Stalin. Stalin, who was a second-degree initiate, was not evil. He was sort of ‘grey’, not ‘black’. He was not essentially working with the same kind of energy. He was working for an ideal, for what he thought was for the benefit of Russia." (page 77)
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Does this passage published by Mr. McManus in 1993 sound like anything presently happening?
"Because of the severe economic downturn, the government collects less tax
revenue, meaning that the deficit turns out to be remarkably larger than even the
pessimists predicted. It also means people are being thrown out of work
and on to the unemployment lines -- where still more revenue is needed by
government to meet the claims of the unemployed." (p. 15)
From that development, Mr. McManus projected with chilling scenarios remarkably close to what is transpiring here and now that this would take us "Into the New World Order." Chapter 2 of his compelling prescient book is entitled "The Plan: From Debt to the New World Order."
MY PERSPECTIVE INTERNET RADIO AT http://www.themicroeffect.com/, 8 P.M. EASTERN TIME, 5 P.M. PACIFIC TIME THURSDAY NIGHT, MARCH 5, 2009
I spoke at the California Constitutional Republican Party Convention in September 2007. There I met Dr. Michael Coffman for the first time. He graciously gave me a copy of the above book, FINANCIAL TERRORISM which I confess I just got around to reading. I have to confess that this 1993 book by John F. McManus who also heads the John Birch Society looked in the light of current events nothing short of prophetic. I spoke to Mr. McManus who said it was less a matter of "prophetic" than connecting obvious dots. I am not a John Bircher, but I feel that it is important for us to hear what Mr. McManus has to say. He obviously saw the current situation as well as many of the players with clarity -- very similar to Dennis Cuddy's insights. He has graciously agreed to join us on air tomorrow night. During the program you may call in with your questions at 888-747-1968 or join us in the chatroom of www.themicroeffect.com.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Q. You said a number of former Nazis have incarnated inIsrael. It seems they are continuing the same pattern from theirprevious life — oppression and racially-motivated abuse ofothers, taking land for the ‘chosen’ group. How does the Lawof Karma help individual souls learn and evolve in this way?A. The Law of Karma does not help individual souls to learnand evolve in that way. Certainly, the Law of Karma is at workin the displacement of these Nazi military and other leaders,who are acting in Israel as they would have done in Germany in their previous incarnation. It is because of their ray make-up and because they find themselves in a similar situation. They see themselves as Israeli. They would simply read the problems of the time. The problems to them are that Israel is visited every other week by young men and women who blow themselves up when they get on a bus or enter a café, and kill Israelis. The Israelis hate this. They hate the unexpectedness of it; that is one of the terrors of terrorism. . . ."Does the Law of Karma help individual souls learn and evolve in this way?” These people incarnated in Israel in re-lation probably to thousands of Jews in Germany that they had murdered, oppressed in every way. They grew to hate Jews for whatever reason. It was Hitler’s aim to get rid of all the Jews in the world if he could do it. He could not do it, but theNazis got rid of about 6 million in Europe. They are responsible, and have now come back as Jews."It is not learning to evolve. It is the Law of Cause and Effect, that is, karma. They are living as the very people that they were so hateful to and oppressed in their previous incarnation. They are also bringing with them the quality of their ray structure, the energies which they use, which gave them power in Germany. These people were not the top people, but the people under them in the SS and army. It is not just the odd individual, there are a lot. Large numbers of Nazis have also reincarnated in Argentina and other places, including the USA
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]